How Much Does it Cost for a Bathroom Renovation in the Greater Montreal Area
A Complete Bathroom Renovation Includes the Following:
- Complete or near complete stripping of the walls, ceiling and floors
- Electrical rewiring
- New floor covering
- New plumbing fixtures
- New vanity
- New counter, etc.
Costs begin at approximately $22,000 (small bathroom: 5’ x 7’), with an average of approximately $35,000 (average sized bathroom: 8’ x 10’).
Bathroom renovations for rental units are not taken into consideration in the budgets mentioned above. The costs are usually lower for these types of projects.
Elements That May Affect the Cost of Construction:
- Expansion and/or replacement of an opening (door, window)
- Choice of vanity
- Choice of counter
- Plumbing fixtures
- Moving the toilet
- Demolition and/or modification of existing walls (load-bearing or not)
- Replacement of the electrical panel or entries
- Heated floor
- Access to the worksite
- Age of the building
- Choice of finishing materials
- Glass shower
- Therapeutic bath